Goodbye to Stephen Fry on QI
We shed honest tears of sadness when it was announced that long-time QI host Stephen Fry was stepping down from his post following the new ‘M’ series of the hit BBC Two panel show. While we have complete faith in the fantastic Sandi Toksvig as an equally intelligent, quirky and hilarious host, we’ll definitely miss our evenings with Stephen.
Tonight, Stephen’s last ever episode of QI as presenter will be broadcast at 10pm on BBC Two. In celebration of the end of an era, here are ten times Stephen proved why his hosting skills on QI were second to none:
1. Stephen chokes while trying to claim edible insects are the solution to world starvation:
2. Stephen inspires a group song with this tongue-twister:
3. Stephen educates Alan Davies on his historically-inaccurate Mexican accent:
4. Stephen explains how the Giant Tortoise got its name:
5. Stephen catches Alan out in a classic QI exchange:
6. Stephen’s lecture on the deep friend pork sausage kebab turns into a Scottish accent extravaganza:
7. Stephen urges David Tennant to exterminate Lee Mack with his sonic screwdriver:
8. A new meaning to “We shall march on Whitehall”:
9. Stephen royally messes up an experiment, with comic consequences:
10. Stephen’s never been to Essex
The last episode of QI‘s ‘M’ series airs tonight at 10pm on BBC Two, although Stephen will return for two final episodes hosting the series highlights.