Celebrity Big Brother house evacuated after contestants accidentally start fire
Celebrity Big Brother was forced to evacuate the house yesterday (July 31) after housemates accidentally set fire to the kitchen.
Contestants Lewis Bloor, Heavy D and James Whale were responsible for the chaos, after leaving a baking tray containing bacon burning on the stove. The trio had been trying to make breakfast for their fellow contestants, but instead set smoke alarms off after abandoning their creation to have a food fight instead.
Smoke slowly began to fill the house as the boys poured breakfast ingredients over each other.
Housemates were ordered to leave the house for the garden after the boys’ negligence led to the smoke alarm sounding. Big Brother staff were then able to clear the flames inside the house, according to Yahoo.
Big Brother later warned housemates to pay more attention while cooking and also use the appropriate cooking equipment over the tannoy, saying: “Big Brother would like to remind you to not try and fry things in a baking tray and instead use appropriate equipment.”